Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Wobbles Collection


Talk about adorable! I created the Wobbles Collection as a special quilt for my grandson. There are 15 applique characters (with more on the way!). I repeated 1 block in different fabrics to create my finished 16 character quilt.
These little applique characters have so much personality. This photo shows my quilt assembled with blue sashing and binding. I used yellow for the background and I was able to use up lots of little scraps for the actual piecing.  Fusible webbing holds everything in place so you can machine applique around the edges easily. I chose coordinating thread colors in both matching and slightly darker shades to make each element stand out.



Wobbles Collection Quilt

But you could also make your quilt or project by repeating one character in different fabrics (ex: all clowns, or all chefs) or a choose set of characters to repeat (ex: cowboys/Indians or cops/robbers) to create a fun custom themed quilt of your own!


You can make the blocks into pillows, wall hangings, a crib quilt or toddler bed quilt, or any other items for your little one's nursery or bedroom.
Because there are so many options to customize and complete a Wobbles project in your own way, these patterns are for each 9" x 12" finished character block only. I have not supplied finishing instructions for a completed quilt or project, just for the blocks themselves.
You can find all the Wobbles patterns online on Craftsy or pick them up in person at Sunday Best Quiltworks. Be sure to share your versions of the Wobbles with us. Post pictures of your work to our Facebook page and tag us #SBQ. We love Show and Tell and can't wait to see your creativity!

I hope your little ones love them as much as my grandson does!

Hugs,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment